Fuego Box presents The Choco Challenge®
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING THE SWEEPSTAKES. OUR GOAL IS TO AWARD 5 PEOPLE A TON OF AWESOME HOT SAUCE AND SUPPORT THE FIGHT AGAINST PROSTATE CANCER. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Fuego Box LLC (“Fuego Box”) and not to Instagram or Twitter or your relevant email provider. The information you provide will only be used in marketing as it directly relates to Fuego Box. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram or Twitter or your relevant email provider.
SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY DATES: The Choco Challenge (the “Sweepstakes”) entry period begins on Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Friday, July 1, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET and Saturday, July 1, 2023 11:59:59 p.m. ET* (the “Sweepstakes Period”). *Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other sweepstakes, contest or promotion. The Sweepstakes will consist of one drawing to award five (5) spicy prizes on or about Thursday, July 1, 2022 and a second drawing to award five (5) spicy prizes on or about Tuesday, August 1, 2022 and a third drawing to award five (5) spicy prices on or about Saturday, July 1, 2023. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Fuego Box LLC, 8042 W. 3rd Street., Los Angeles, CA 90036 (“Administrator”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, physically residing in the United States or the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and live the spicy life. Employees, officers, and directors of Administrator and each of its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, their Advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Administrator. The Administrator’s database clock will be the timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: You may enter this Sweepstakes on Instagram, Twitter, or via Email
No matter which form of entry you select;
If your social media account is set to "protected mode," or “private” your entry may not be visible and thus may not be received by Administrator. Your entry method must be set to “public.”
- You may submit an original previously unpublished photo or video showcasing your attempt to eat and experience The Choco Challenge® spicy chocolate (“Eligible Entry”). You are NOT required to consume the entire The Choco Challenge® spicy chocolate to be eligible. Please see our warning at the bottom of this page regarding the consumption of The Choco Challenge® spicy chocolate.
- Video may be any length (no minimum or maximum) NO VIDEO or PHOTO WILL BE JUDGED. THIS IS A RANDOM DRAWING SWEEPSTAKES.
- Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions on Twitter or Instagram without the hashtag #ChocoChallenge2020 (or #ChocoChallenge2021 or #ChocoChallenge2022) and the tag @fuegobox WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES and shall not be eligible for any prize. We need to be able to easily find these spicy entries.
- All submitted videos and photos will be reviewed by the Administrator prior to being entered into the Sweepstakes. Submissions must not contain any third party copyrighted material. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the video or photo (if any) to use their name and likeness in the video and photo and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Administrator.
If you opt to access the Sweepstakes via your wireless mobile device (only available via participating wireless carriers), data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your device according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone/device bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your mobile device's capabilities for specific instructions. Administrator is not responsible for any charges.
- To Enter On Twitter: Tweet an Eligible Entry along with adding the tag #ChocoChallenge2020 (or #ChocoChallenge2021 or #ChocoChallenge2022) and tagging our account: @fuegobox. Twitter's terms (https://twitter.com/tos) apply.
- To Enter via Email: Email an Eligible Entry to email@example.com and include the tag #ChocoChallenge2020 (or #ChocoChallenge2021 or #ChocoChallenge2022) in the body or subject of the email. We are not responsible for email errors, server issues, or any problems related to emailing in an Eligible Entry.
ENTRY VALUE: Each submitted Eligible Entry will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.
Limit: One (1) sweepstakes prize per person.
Propriety of Video and Photo Content: An Entry: (i) cannot show, contain, mention, depict, refer or otherwise allude to the name or logo of any retailer, manufacturer, brand, product, store, place of business, person, company or character (except those of the Administrator), regardless of whether or not it is a competitor of Administrator or competes with any of Administrator’s products; (ii) cannot show, contain materials, mention, depict, name, refer or otherwise allude to or show the likeness of any person, whether living or dead, except for the Entrant; (iii) cannot contain, mention, refer or otherwise allude to any sexually explicit or suggestive, obscene, lewd, violent, illegal, offensive, disparaging or inappropriate words, abbreviations, language, signs, products, poses, behavior, symbols, political, personal and/or religious references or statements, (including, but not limited to, words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; (iv) cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (v) cannot in any manner defame, misrepresent, contain disparaging remarks or reflect negatively about Administrator, its products, or other people, products or companies or their products, or in any way reflect negatively upon such parties or explicitly or implicitly communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Administrator wishes to be associated, as determined by the Administrator in its sole discretion; (vi) cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses, without permission; (vii) cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (viii) cannot depict any, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law; (ix) cannot show Entrant in a professional sports team uniform on camera, or mention a team name and (x) must otherwise be in compliance with all of the provisions of these Official Rules as stated herein. The posting of a photo or video pursuant to the above instructions does not mean the video or photo has been deemed to be in compliance with these Official Rules. Administrator reserves the right at any time during the Sweepstakes Period, without notice to the entrant who posted the video or photo, to remove the posting of a video or photo from any website controlled by Administrator that Administrator determines, in its sole discretion, does not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contains prohibited or inappropriate content and in the event of such removal, the video or photo will be disqualified and will not be eligible to compete for any prize.
By entering, entrant affirms that he/she has the consent of all parties portrayed or depicted in the entry video or photo to upload such video or photo and enter it into the sweepstakes, and unconditionally assigns and transfers to Administrator all rights, title, interest and claim, which it now has or may in the future have to his/her photo or video entry and any element(s) embodied therein. Except where prohibited by law, by submitting your video or photo you are consenting to use of your name and likeness by Administrator for commercial use in advertising or for Sweepstakes related purposes for use on websites, blogs, other online platforms, and any other media. Administrator and its designees shall have the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, reproduce, exploit, modify or dispose of any entry and all elements of such entry, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known throughout the world.
Entries made by any other individual other than the person named in the entry or by any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for the Sweepstakes. In case of dispute as to the identity of the Prize Recipient, the Prize Recipient will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Social Property account used. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address, at the time of entry into the contest, by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Administrator, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entry materials submitted become the property of the Administrator and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Administrator reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, hacking, security breaches, other tampering, or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Administrator, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Administrator is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading of any Sweepstakes related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Administrator on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes.
Use of Data. Administrator will be collecting personal data about Entrants online, in accordance with their privacy policies. Please review Administrator’s terms at https://www.fuegobox.com/pages/terms
- RANDOM DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION: A random drawing will be conducted on or about Friday, July 1, 2022 from all Eligible Entries received during the relevant drawing period by the Administrator. A second random drawing will be conducted on or about Monday, August 1, 2022 from all Eligible Entries received during the relevant drawing period by the Administrator. A third random drawing will be conducted on or about Saturday, July 1, 2023 from all Eligible Entries received during the relevant drawing period by the Administrator.
Winner Notification: Potential winners will be contacted via email or other means by the Administrator. Administrator shall have no liability for any potential prize winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within (3) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate prize winner may be selected. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected. The potential prize winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address and/or email address associated with the social media accounts submitted at the time of entry.
- GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees on behalf of itself and each of entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (A) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, ADMINISTRATOR, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, INSURERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, REPRESENTATIVES, ADVERTISING, SWEEPSTAKES, AND FULFILLMENT AGENCIES, AND LEGAL ADVISORS (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (B) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (C) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Administrator, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Administrator’s sole discretion.
- PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Only the Prizes listed below will be awarded. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Ten (10) Grand Prizes: Each winner will receive a one year subscription to Fuego Box’s hot sauce of the month club. More specifically, they will receive the 3-bottle monthly subscription for a full year (12 months, 12 shipments, 36 bottles of hot sauce in total). ARV of each prize package is $359.40.
Limit: One Prize per person. Total ARV of all Prizes $3,594.00.
All other incidental expenses not mentioned herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. All taxes on prizes are the prize winner’s sole responsibility. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitutions are permitted except at the discretion of the Administrator. Administrator reserves the right to make equivalent substitutions as necessary, due to circumstances not under its control.
Prize winners shall be required to verify name and complete address and to execute and return within five (5) days an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release covering eligibility, liability, advertising and publicity form and unless prohibited by law a W9 tax payer request for identification. Prize shall not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Administrator reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and (vi) use of any prize.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by binding arbitration pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and such arbitration shall be conducted in Los Angeles County, California, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out of pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of state of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than state of California.
- Sweepstakes Winners List: For the name of the winners (available after 6/31/2022) send a self addressed stamped envelope to Fuego Box Choco Challenge Winners, 8042 W. 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90036. Requests must be received by 10/1/2023.
© All rights served Fuego Box LLC
IMPORTANT WARNING about consuming the The Choco Challenge® spicy chocolate: Do NOT eat if you have any allergies to spicy foods, nightshades, or capsaicin. Keep away from children and do not consume if you're pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a medical condition. We take no responsibility for your crazy choice to eat this. You are NOT required to eat The Choco Challenge® spicy chocolate to enter the Sweepstakes.